Biography / Wiki
Shilpa Shinde emerged in popularity for playing one of the notorious roles of Angoori Bhabhi. Her character gained immense popularity among the audience and she became popular with the show. As a contestant, she appeared in Bigg Boss 11 in 2017 and due to her popularity, she won the show.
Height / Weight / Age
Shilpa Shinde will turn 45 years on 28 August 2022. She has a height of 163 cm and a weight is around 65 kg. She has a bulky body with the figure measurement i.e. 35-28-35. Her looks are adorned by Dark brown eyes and Black hair.
According to the source, her net worth is estimated to be $ 2 million.
Education / Family
Shilpa Shinde was born on 28 August 1977 to a family of Maharashtrians. Her father, Dr. Satyadeo Shinde, was a high court judge while her mother Geeta Satyadeo Shinde is a homemaker. She grew up with two older sisters Archana Shinde and Subha Sinde and also a younger brother Ashutosh Shinde.
She was pursuing a psychology major, but could never complete graduation. Her father wanted her to study law, but she was not interested. In 2013, her father died due to Alzheimer’s disease.
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Date Of Birth||28 August 1977|
|Height||In centimetres – 163 cm
In feet and inches – 5’4”
|Weight||In kilograms -65 kg
In pounds – 143 lbs
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Home Town||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
TV: Kabhi Aaye Na Judaai (2001)
|Fathers Name||Satyadeo Shinde
|Mothers Name||Geeta Shinde
|Sister||Shubha Shinde, Archana Shinde
Career / Fashion And Style
Shilpa Shinde made her television debut in 1999. But she got fame during the serial Bhabhi which aired on television between 2000 and 2008. Her next project was the serial Kabhi Aaye Na Judaai and she also portrayed the character of Chitra in Sanjeevani.
2002 was the year she was seen in many roles like the lead role in the serial Amrapali. She also participated in Miss India 2004. She landed the lead role of Meher in the DD National Meher – Kahani Haq Aur Haqeeqat Ki until January 2006.
She was also cast for Star Plus show Hatim. In 2005, Shilpa was featured in Zee TV’s Rabba Ishq Na Hove as Juhi. She started her career with Marathi and Telugu films but she didn’t succeed. So she decided to do TV serials.
She rose to prominence when she was cast in the role of Angoori Bhabhi in the show “Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hai” after that she became popular. However, she resigned in March 2016 after having had several problems with the craftsmen and accused them of mentally torturing her.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband, and More
In 2007, Shilpa Shinde fell in love with co-star Romil Raj during the shot of the show “Maayka”. The ceremony was in Goa but she refused to marry at the last moment due to her issues with the Romil family.
Here we provide you a list of Shilpa Shinde’s favorite things.
|Favorite Actors||Sachin Khedekar, Salman Khan|
|Favorite Social Media App||none|
|Favorite Food||Not known|
Some Interesting Facts About Shilpa Shinde
- Shilpa Shinde wore the most expensive outfit i.e. saari worth Rs. 25,000.
- She is the ardent devotee of Lord Ganesha and Sai Baba. She always carries their picture in her purse.
- She lives in a luxurious house in Malad Link Road, Mumbai.
- She likes to wear jeans and tops but doesn’t like extravagant clothes.
- Her career as Angoori Bhabhi ended up in March 2016, when she filed a sexual harassment case against the producer Sanjay Kohli and a defamation case against the producer CINTAA and the TV producers’ council (IFTPC). She also took the help of MNS, Raj Thackeray. After her exit show ratings sharply declined.
- Her hobbies are shopping and dancing.
- Coincidently, Shubhangi Atre replaced her in Chidiya Ghar and Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hain both.
- In 2019, she joined politics with the political party Indian National Congress (INC).