Biography / Wiki
Priya Anand has successfully made her presence in South Indian Cinema and Bollywood. She started her career as a model and later ventured into films. She predominantly works in Tamil films and also has managed to gain audiences with her work in Malayalam, Kannada, Telugu, and Hindi film industries.
Height / Weight / Age
Priya Anand will turn 34 years old on 17 September 2022. She has maintained her weight to be 50 kg and her height is 165 cm (1.65m). She has a lean physique with figure measurements are 33-25-34. She has wide dark brown eyes and black wavy hair.
The net worth of Priya Anand is $1 million whereas she charges 80 to 90 lakh per movie.
Education / Family
Priya Anand was born on 17 September 1986 as Priya Bharadwaj Anand. She was born in Chennai, Tamil Nadu but spent most of her childhood in Hyderabad. She is the only daughter of Bharadwaj who is Tamil and Radha, who is half-Marathi and half-Telugu.
Around 19 years back her family moved to the USA, where she completed a Major in Communications (Minor in Journalism, Business and African Studies) from the state of the University of New York at Albany. In 2008, she came back to India to stay with her grandparents in Chennai.
Priya Bharadwaj Anand
|Birth Place||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Date Of Birth||17 September 1986|
|Height||In centimetres – 163 cm
In feet and inches – 5’4”
|Weight||In kilograms – 54 kg
In pounds – 119 lbs
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|College||University of Albany, New York|
|Home Town||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Debut||Tamil Movie – Vaamanan (2009)
Bollywood Film – English Vinglish (2012)
Career / Fashion And Style
Since her childhood, Priya Anand was fascinated by the film industry and wanted to get into the technical aspects of filmmaking. She always wanted to work with S. Shankar as an assistant director.
Further, she also worked as a model and posed for a few advertisements including Prince Jewellery Diamond Collection (Bharat Raja voice-over), Natural MahaLacto ( Mahendra Singh Dhoni), Cadbury Dairy Milk, and many more.
She made her acting debut with the Tamil film “Pugaippadam” but the film was released after 2 years. Her first released film was “Vaamanan” (2009), in which she played the role of “Divya”. In 2010 she made her debut in the Telugu film “Leader”, in which played the role of Ratna Prabha.
In 2012, she made her debut in Bollywood with the film “English vinglish”, playing the role of Radha alongside Sridevi. For her performance in the film, she bagged two nominations Zee Cine Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role – Female and Star Guild Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role respectively.
In 2017, she made her debut in the Malayalam film ‘Ezra’ in which she played the role of “Priya”. In the same year, she also debuts in Kannada Film “RaajaKumara” in the role of “Nandini”. She gave a notable performance in Rangrezz, Fukrey, and Fukrey Returns.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
Priya Anand is yet unmarried and there is no information about her romantic involvement.
Here we provide you with a list of Priya Anand’s favorite things.
|Favorite Actors||Brahmanandam, Akshay Kumar|
|Favorite Social Media App||Not Known|
|Favorite Sport||Not Known|
|Favorite Food||Ice Cream (Dessert)|
Some Interesting Facts About Priya Anand
- Hobbies of Priya Anand are traveling and dancing.
- She has proficiency in 7 languages including Telugu, Tamil, Marathi, Hindi, Bengali, Spanish, and English.
- Sekhar Kammula approached her on Facebook and invited her for the audition. She went through three phases of audition and was selected for the role of “Ratna Prabha’ in the film “Leader”.
- On June 20, 2011, she was appointed as the Brand Ambassador of the “Save the Children” campaign for Arunachal Pradesh and Tamil Nadu.
- She is a dog lover and has a dog named ‘Bumblebee’.
- She idolizes Sridevi and in the film “English Vinglish” her dream came true when she got a chance to be a part of the film.
- She is a big-time foodie and likes ice cream very much.
- In 2013, she campaigned for PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) India.
- The song name “AedhoSaigirai” of “Vaamanan” which became an instant hit was dubbed a Priya Song.
- She is also a brand ambassador of the Deaf enabled Foundation which provides aid to literacy in Indian sign languages.
- On April 20, 2019, she was targeted by Twitterati as bad luck for the co-stars J.K Rithesh and Sridevi, who were cast in the film “LKG” and “English Vinglish”. Both the actors died after working with her but later, Priya replied the troll’s comment was insensitive.