Biography / Wiki
Mamata Banerjee is an Indian Politician and the founder of the party named “All India Trinamool Congress (AITC).” She is the 8th CM of West Bengal and the first woman to hold the post of Chief Minister in West Bengal. She is frequently in the news for her statements and comments on the opposition. She became the CM of West Bengal first time in 2011.
Height / Weight / Age
Mamata Banerjee was born on 5 January 1955 in Kolkata, West Bengal, India and is 67 years old as of 2022. Her weight is approximately 59kg and her height is 163cm (1.63 meters). She has black tiny eyes and salt & pepper curly hair.
Mamata Banerjee’s net worth is estimated to be Rs.30 lakhs (as reported in 2016).
Education / Family
Mamata Banerjee is the daughter of Promileswar Banerjee and Gayatri Devi. She was born in a Brahmin family in Kolkata. She grew up with her six brothers named Baben Banerjee, Ganesh Banerjee, Samir Banerjee, Amit Banerjee, Ajit Banerjee, Kali Banerjee.
She did her schooling at the Deshbandu Sishu Sikshalay, Kolkata, and graduated from Jogamaya Devi College with a B.A. degree. She was interested in studying law and received a degree from Jogesh Chandra Choudhary College of Law, Calcutta University in 1982. She also holds a Master’s degree in Islamic History from the University of Calcutta.
She received a doctorate (Doctor of Letters) from the Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Odisha. While studying in the Jogamaya Devi, she joined politics and established Chhatra Parishad Union. Her mother passed away in 2011 at the age of 81. Abhishek Banerjee is her nephew and son of Amit Banerjee who is also a TMC politician.
|Birth Place||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Date Of Birth||5 January 1955|
|Height||In centimetres – 163 cm
In feet and inches – 5’4”
|Weight||In kilograms – 59 kg
In pounds – 130 lbs
|Eye Color||Hazel Brown|
|Hair Color||Salt and Pepper|
|College||Jogamaya Devi College, Kolkata
University of Calcutta, Kolkata
Shri Shikshayatan College, Kolkata
Jogesh Chandra Chaudhuri Law College, Kolkata
|Home Town||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Debut||She came into politics with Indian National Congress in 1970|
|Fathers Name||Promileswar Banerjee|
|Mothers Name||Gayetri Devi
|Brothers||Baben Banerjee, Ganesh Banerjee, Samir Banerjee, Amit Banerjee, Ajit Banerjee, Kali Banerjee|
Career / Fashion And Style
She started her career in politics at a very young age. From 1976 to 1980, she worked in the position of general secretary of Mahila Congress, West Bengal. She became the youngest Member of Parliament who defeated veteran leader, Somnath Chatterjee from the Jadavpur constituency in West Bengal in the 1984 Lok Sabha election.
She also became the secretary of the Indian Youth Congress in 1980. In 1991, P.V. Narasimha Rao’s government-appointed her as the Union Minister of State for Human Resources Development, Youth Affairs, and Sports, and Women and Child Development. At the same time, she was the first female Cabinet Minister for these departments.
In 1997, she left the Indian National Congress and formed her party named All India Trinamool Congress. In 1999, she joins NDA and under the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government, she was made the railway minister. Before the election of 2009, she joined the United Progressive Alliance and won seats in the election.
She then continued as the Railway Minister for the second time. In the 2011 election of West Bengal, her party finished up the rule of the Communist Party of India (Marxist) which was in majority for 34 years and she became the first female CM of West Bengal.
And in 2016 she also became the CM of the state for the second time when her party received a victory in the assembly elections. She won the 2021 West Bengal Legislative Assembly election and is continuing her third term as the CM of West Bengal.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband, and More
Here we provide you with a list of Mamata Banerjee’s favorite things.
|Favorite Actors||Not Known|
|Favorite Actress||Not Known|
|Favorite Social Media App||Not Known|
|Favorite Sport||Not Known|
|Favorite Food||Not Known|
Some Interesting Facts About Mamata Banerjee
- She is recognized and called by the people “Didi”.
- She is a painter and poet. Her 300 paintings were sold for an estimated Rs. 9 crores.
- One of the paintings named “Flower Power” was auctioned at the gala event in New York City in October 2012 and it’s sold at $3000.
- In February 2012, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation was sent a letter to the Mamata government praising her for achieving a whole year without any reported case of Polio in the State. And this was a milestone not only for India but for the world as well.
- Despite Narendra Modi’s nationwide influence, she secured her position as the CM in 2016, and her party performed as well and got 211 seats out of 293.
- She believes in living a simple life and is always dressed in traditional white sarees and wears Hawai Chappal.
- She always does her laundry on her own.
- She made headlines in 1975 when she danced on the car of socialist activist and politician Jayaprakash Narayan in a demonstration against him.
- Her party AITC secured a huge two-thirds majority in the 2021 assembly elections.
- Mamata Banerjee, who ran from Nandigram in 2021, lost 1,956 votes against Suvendu Adhikari of the Bharatiya Janata Party.
- She was re-elected as Chief Minister of West Bengal for a third term after her party secured a majority of the seats out of a total of 292.