Biography / Wiki
Karan is an Indian director, producer, writer, and TV host who works in Hindi film Industry. He is popularly known as ‘KJo’. He is one of the most successful filmmakers in India. He was born with the name ‘Rahul Kumar Johar’ and the name was given by his parents when he was born. After a few days, they change the name to ‘Karan Kumar Johar’.
Height / Weight / Age
He was born on 25 May 1972 and turned 48 years old as of 2020. He is 178 cm tall. He has shiny black hair and beautiful dark brown eyes.
According to a source, his net worth is estimated to be $172 million.
Education / Family
He passed his school from Greenlawns High School, Mumbai. He did M.A. in French H.R. College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai. He was born in the family of Yash Johar and Hiroo Johar (Film Producer Both).
Yash Chopra and Baldev Raj Chopra, maternal uncles, are the noted filmmakers. Aditya Chopra, Ravi Chopra, and Uday Chopra are maternal cousins. Actress RaniMukerji is the sister-in-law as she was married to Aditya Chopra his maternal cousin.
Karan Dharma Kama Johar
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Date Of Birth||25 May 1972|
|Height||In Centimetres – 176 cm|
In Feet and Inches – 5′ 10″
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Profession||Director, Producer, Writer, TV Host|
|School||Greenlaw’s High School, Mumbai|
|College||H.R. College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai|
|Home Town||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Debut||TV (Actor): Indradhanush (1989),|
Film (Actor): Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995),
Film (Director): Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998),
Film (Producer): Kal Ho Naa Ho (2003)
|Fathers Name||Late Yash Johar|
|Mothers Name||Hiroo Johar|
Career / Fashion And Style
He began his career as an actor in the Doordarshan serial “Indradhanush” in 1989. He first appeared in Bollywood with the “Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge” as the role of a friend of Shah Rukh Khan. Karan marked his first appearance as a director with the film “Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge” in 1995.
He debuts as a director with the film “Kuch Kuch Hota Hai” in 1998. The film was gained huge appreciation. He also worked as a costume designer for Shah Rukh Khan like “Mohabbatein (2000),”, “Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995),”, “Veer-Zaara (2004),” “Main Hoon Na (2004),” and “Om Shanti Om (2007).
He hosts the famous show “Koffee with Karan” which airs on Star World. He had been seen in many shows like “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa” and “India’s Got Talent” as a judge. He took over Dharma Productions after his father died, he directed his first film “Kal Ho Naa Ho” in 2003. Karan published a book titled “An Unsuitable Boy” in 2016.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
|Children||Son – Yash (Surrogate)|
Daughter – Roohi (Surrogate)
Here we provide you a list of Karan Johar’s favorite things.
|Favorite Actors||Rishi Kapoor, Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan|
|Favorite Actress||Meryl Streep, Kajol, Rani Mukerji, Kareena Kapoor|
|Favorite Colour||Not Known|
|Favorite Holiday Destinations||Not Known|
|Favorite Food||Parsi Food|
|Favorite Things To Do||Not Known|
Some Interesting Facts About Karan Johar
- As a child, he loved to dance to old songs and was a big Bollywood fan since his childhood.
- He wanted to become a hairstylist at the age of 4, a doctor at the age of 10 and finally, at the age of 20, he got stable at becoming a filmmaker.
- He is very superstitious regarding the letter “K” and believed that the letter brings success and fame for his movies as his movies the first letter started with K. After watching Lage Raho Munna Bhai, he gave up his superstitious.
- He very attached to his mother and often called Mumma’s Boy.
- Once he revealed that he wants to won Oscar and want to walk on Red Carpet withholding the trophy in his hand and say, “This is for you”.
- He likes to play cricket in his free time.
- He became the first Indian Jury member in the Miss World contest that happened in Warsaw, Poland in 2006.
- Apart from the former Indian Prime Minister, Manmohan Singh, he was the only Indian who was invited to the opening ceremony of the London Olympics.
- Although he wants to perfect shots on the sets he doesn’t like to read scripts.
- He loves to wear velvet jackets.
- He wrote the entire film script in 30 days for “Ae Dil Hai Mushkil”.
- Once Karan had a crush on Twinkle Khanna, wife Akshay Kumar.
- In an interview with NDTV, he revealed that he was suffered from depression and anxiety attacks at that point in time in his life.
- In March 2017, he became a father through surrogacy and has twins son Yash Johar and daughter Roohi.
- Karan hates replying on mail to people. His secretary replies to more than half of mails and personal ones he likes to calling and mailing.