Biography / Wiki
Karan Johar is considered to be one of the charismatic personalities of the Bollywood industry. He is an Indian director, producer, writer, and TV host who is associated with the Hindi film industry since childhood. He is popularly known as ‘KJo’and has become one of the most successful filmmakers in India. He has been accused of nepotism multiple times.
Height / Weight / Age
Karan Johar has a lean physique with a height of 178 cm. He will celebrate his 50th birthday on 25 May 2022. He is known for his unique style statement. He has shiny black hair and sharp dark brown eyes.
According to a source, the net worth of Karan Johar is estimated to be $172 million approximately whereas he charges Rs. 6-8 Crore for a TV show. He owns a Jaguar XF.
Education / Family
Born on May 25, 1972, the real name of Karan Johar is Karan Dharma Kama Johar. He is the only son of Yash Johar and Hiroo Johar. He did his schooling at Greenlawns High School, Mumbai. He did his M.A. in French from H.R. College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai.
Yash Chopra and Baldev Raj Chopra, the noted filmmakers are his maternal uncles. Aditya Chopra, Ravi Chopra and Uday Chopra are his maternal cousins. Actress RaniMukerji is his sister-in-law as she is married to Aditya Chopra.
Karan Dharma Kama Johar
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Date Of Birth||25 May 1972|
|Height||In Centimetres – 176 cm
In Feet and Inches – 5′ 10″
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Profession||Director, Producer, Writer, TV Host|
|School||Greenlaw’s High School, Mumbai|
|College||H.R. College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai|
|Home Town||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Debut||TV (Actor): Indradhanush (1989),
Film (Actor): Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995),
Film (Director): Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998),
Film (Producer): Kal Ho Naa Ho (2003)
|Fathers Name||Late Yash Johar
|Mothers Name||Hiroo Johar
Career / Fashion And Style
In 1989, KJo began his career as a child actor in the Doordarshan serial “Indradhanush”. He first appeared in the Bollywood blockbuster “Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge” in the role of a friend of Shah Rukh Khan. In 1998, he made his debut as a director with the film “Kuch Kuch Hota Hai”. The film had gained huge appreciation from the audience and critics.
He also worked as a costume designer for Shah Rukh Khan like “Mohabbatein (2000),”, “Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995),”, “Veer-Zaara (2004),” “Main Hoon Na (2004),” and “Om Shanti Om (2007). He became famous worldwide for hosting the show “Koffee with Karan” which was aired on Star World.
He had been seen in many shows like “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa” and “India’s Got Talent” as a judge. He took over Dharma Productions after his father’s death. In 2016, he had published a book titled “An Unsuitable Boy”. Since the beginning, he has launched many fresh and talented faces and given blockbuster hits to the industry.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife, and More
Karan Johar is an unmarried man who has a son and a daughter through surrogacy.
|Children||Son – Yash (Surrogate)
Daughter – Roohi (Surrogate)
Here we provide you with a list of Karan Johar’s favorite things.
|Favorite Actors||Rishi Kapoor, Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan|
|Favorite Actress||Meryl Streep, Kajol, Rani Mukerji, Kareena Kapoor|
|Favorite Colour||Not Known|
|Favorite Holiday Destinations||Not Known|
|Favorite Food||Parsi Food|
|Favorite Things To Do||Not Known|
Some Interesting Facts About Karan Johar
- Since childhood, Karan Johar love to dance to old songs and is a big Bollywood fan.
- He wanted to become a hairstylist at the age of 4, a doctor at the age of 10 and finally, at the age of 20, he decided to become a filmmaker.
- He was very superstitious regarding the letter “K” and believed that the letter brings success and fame to his movies as his movie’s the first letter starting with K.
- He is very close to his mother and is often called Mumma’s Boy.
- Once he revealed that he wants to win an Oscar and want to walk on Red Carpet with the trophy in his hand.
- He likes to play cricket in his free time.
- He became the first Indian Jury member in the Miss World contest in Warsaw, Poland in 2006.
- After former Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, he was the only Indian who was invited to the opening ceremony of the London Olympics.
- Although he wants a perfect shot on the sets he doesn’t like to read scripts.
- He loves to wear velvet jackets.
- He wrote the entire film script of “Ae Dil Hai Mushkil” in 30 days.
- He had a crush on Twinkle Khanna, wife of Akshay Kumar.
- In March 2017, he became father through a surrogacy and has a son Yash Johar and a daughter Roohi.
- Karan hates replying mail to people. His secretary replies to more than half of his emails.
- He is influenced by the works of Raj Kapoor, Yash Chopra, and Sooraj R. Barjatya.