Biography / Wiki
The commander of the Indian Navy KM Nanavati came to prominence was tried for the charge of murdering Prem Ahuja. The jury declared him guilty and he got retired in a bench trial after the verdict of the jury. He and his case got more attention when films were made on him.
Height / Weight / Age
Born in the year 1925, KM Nanavati died at the age of 79 years. He stood with a height of 183 cm and weighed 65 kg. He had Black eyes and hair.
No information is available about the assets of KM Nanavati.
Education / Family
Born in 1925, KM Nanavati was born as Kawas Manekshaw Nanavati. He was the son of Manekshaw Nanavati and Mehra Nanavati. He grew up in a Parsi family with his brother Hoshang and sister Bapsi Sidwa. He received his training from the Royal Navy College, New Hampshire, United States.
Kawas Manekshaw Nanavati
|Birth Place||Not Known|
|Date Of Birth||1925|
|Height||In Centimetres – 183 cm
In Feet and Inches – 6′
|Weight||In Kilograms – 65 Kg
In Pounds – 143 lbs
|Profession||Commander, Indian Navy|
|College||Royal Navy College, New Hampshire, United States|
|Home Town||Not Known|
|Fathers Name||Manekshaw Nanavati|
|Mothers Name||Mehra Nanavati
Career / Fashion And Style
KM Nanavati was the dedicated commander in the Indian Navy who used to stay away from the home due to official work for a long period. His wife fell in love with his friend Prem Bhagwandas Ahuja who was a prominent Sindhi Businessman. When he returned on 18 April 1959, he found Slyvia was not at home.
When he enquired, he discovered that he had affair with his friend Prem. He asked Sylvia whether she would like to marry prem. According to reports, she asked him to divorce her so that she could marry Prem but it was doubted as to whether Prem would marry her or not. That is why he took the matter into his hand.
On 27 April 1989, he went to the Naval base to pick up his service pistol. He went to Prem’s house and asked him to marry his wife Slyvia but he mocked him by saying he would marry every woman he had slept with. This made Kawas angry and he fired three bullets in the chest.
After killing him, he went to John Lobo who was the Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP), and surrendered himself. Prem’s sister, Mamie Ahuja filed a case against Kawas but he won the case by an 8:1 majority.
The session judge Ratilal Bhaichand Mehta considered him innocent and referred the case to the high court. High Court found him guilty and sentenced life imprisonment. Later Supreme Court changed the decision on 11 November 1961 after 3 years of life imprisonment.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife, and More
In July 1949, KM Nanavati got married to Slyvia. The couple was blessed with two sons and a daughter.
|Children||Daughter – Tannaz,
Sons – Pheroze Nanavati and 1 more
Here we provide you with a list of K.M. Nanavati’s favorite things.
|Favorite Actors||Not Known|
|Favorite Actress||Not Known|
|Favorite Colour||Not Known|
|Favorite Holiday Destinations||Not Known|
|Favorite Food||Not Known|
|Favorite Things To Do||Not Known|
Some Interesting Facts About K.M. Nanavati
- KM Nanavati was married to a British woman and met her in England where he lived because of his Naval training.
- After he was pardoned by the Governor, he left the country with his family and got settled in Ontario, Cannada.
- A Tabloid Blitz had covered every update of the news and gained the sympathies of the common people.
- At that time, Blitz was sold at the price of Rs. 2 per copy which was raised by 25 paise.
- Once Hindustan Times tried to contact him but he refused to share any information about his personal life and refused to meet by writing a letter.
- This case attracted many directors and three films were made which showed the plot of the case. The films are “Rustom” in 2016, “Yeh Raastey Hain Pyar Ke” in 1963 “Achanak” in 1973.
- When he had shot Prem, he dropped his wife and children to “Metro Cinema”.
- Prem’s sister hired Jethmalani to lead the legal team to help with the prosecution strategy.