Biography / Wiki
A renowned Indian dancer and choreographer Geeta Kapoor is known for being a judge in various reality shows. She is popularly known by the title of “Geeta Maa” in the industry. She has made many superstars in the Bollywood industry with her dance moves. She joined the industry as a background dancer in the dance troupe of Farah Khan.
Height / Weight / Age
Geeta Kapur will turn 49 years old on 5 July 2022. She has an average height of 165 cm and her body measurements are 34-30-36. Her looks intensified by her Brown eyes and Black hair.
The net worth of Geeta Kapur is under assessment.
Education / Family
Geeta Kapoor was born on July 5, 1973, in Mumbai, India. Due to personal reasons, she did not disclose any information about her academic qualifications and family. It seems that she wants her personal life under wrap.
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Date Of Birth||5 July 1973|
|Height||In centimetres – 165 cm
In feet and inches – 5’5”
|Home Town||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Debut||TV: Dance India Dance (2009),
Choreographer: Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998)
|Fathers Name||Not Known|
|Mothers Name||Not Known
Career / Fashion And Style
Geeta Kapoor started her dancing career with the dance group of Farah Khan to learn dancing concepts at the age of 15. Later, she appeared in Bollywood as a secondary background dancer in the song ‘Tujhe Yaad Naa Meri Aaye’ from the film “Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’. She also got an opportunity to assist Farah Khan in the choreography of the movies like ‘Main Hoon Na’, ‘Kal Ho Naa Ho’, ‘Nayak’, and ‘Om Shanti Om’.
As a lead choreographer, she has set the dance moves for various Bollywood films including Asoka (2001), Fiza (2000), Saathiya (2002), Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic (2008), Heyy Babyy (2007), Aladin (2009), Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya (2011), Tees Maar Khan’s Sheila Ki Jawani’ (2010), and Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi(2012).
She choreographed in various awards ceremonies and concerts like “Temptation Reloaded” and Pepsi IPL 2013 respectively. Since 2008, she began her TV career as a judge with the dance reality show “Dance India Dance” season 2 and since then she has judged dozens of reality shows.
Later as a judge, she has appeared in more than 14 dancing reality shows including ‘DID L’il Masters,’ ‘DID Doubles’, ‘Dance India Dance’ and ‘Dance Ke Super Kids’, etc. She made a special appearance in the “DID Lil Masters” where her mentor Farah Khan and Sandip Soparkar judged the show.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband, and More
To date, Geeta Kapoor is unmarried and there is no sign of her romantic involvement.
|Boyfriends||Rajeev Khinchi (Choreographer, rumored)|
Here we provide you with a list of Geeta Kapur’s favorite things.
|Favorite Actors||Gerard Butler, Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan|
|Favorite Actress||Priyanka Chopra, Madhuri Dixit, Vidya Balan|
|Favorite Social Media App||none|
Some Interesting Facts About Geeta Kapur
- Geeta Kapoor does consume alcohol.
- Farah Khan is her second mother and mentor.
- Choreographer Feroz Khan was the first person to call her “Geeta Maa” when she treated him like a kid.
- She trained a group “Geeta ki Gang” in the dancing reality show “Dance India Dance” season 2.
- Once she got irritated by the Paparazzi as he followed her to the makeup room and she closed the door on his face.
- She is very fond of reading books like Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling and Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts.
- She is fond of different types of perfumes like Coco Noir by Chanel, Red Door by Elizabeth, Roberto Cavalli’s perfume collection.
- She is a huge fan of Nancy Drew who is the fictional character.
- If not a choreographer she would have become an air hostess.
- Her favorite color is black and red.
- In 2015, she was arrested for hitting pedestrian Nisar Noor Mohammed. She was driving at a high speed on the empty road when she had hit Nisar due to which his right knee got fractured.
- Sajid Khan liked her and had proposed to her many times.