Biography / Wiki
Dharmendra is a legendary veteran actor, producer, and former politician who is also known as “He-man” and “Action King”. He is one of the versatile actors and recipient of India’s third highest civilian honor Padma Bhushan. He was one of the most handsome actors of his time.
Height / Weight / Age
He was born on 8 December 1935 and turned 85 years old as of 2020. He is 173cm tall. He has brown eyes and Black hair which are dyed.
According to a source, his net worth is estimated to be $ 70 million.
Education / Family
He did his schooling at Government Senior Secondary School, Ludhiana, Punjab and to pursue his senior secondary education from Intermediate R.G.(Ramgarhia) College Phagwara.
He left his schooling after 12th standard due to a lack of interest. He is born in the family of Kishan Singh Deol who was the government school teacher and Satwant Kaur. He has a brother named Ajit Singh Deol.
Dharam Singh Deol
|Nickname||Dharam, Garam Dharam, He-Man of Bollywood|
|Birth Place||Ludhiana, Punjab, India|
|Date Of Birth||8 December 1935|
|Height||In Centimetres – 173 cm|
In Feet and Inches – 5′ 8″
|Hair Color||Black (Dyed)|
|Profession||Actor, Producer, and Former Politician|
|School||Government Senior Secondary School, Ludhiana, Punjab|
|College||Intermediate R.G. (Ramgarhia) College Phagwara, Punjab|
|Home Town||Sahnewal, Ludhiana, Punjab, India|
|Debut||Film – Dil Bhi Tera Hum Bhi Tere (1960),|
Producer – Betaab (1983),
Punjabi Film – Kankan De Ohle (1970),
TV – India’s Got Talent
|Fathers Name||Kewal Kishan Singh Deol|
|Mothers Name||Satwant Kaur|
|Brothers||Ajit Singh Deol|
Career / Fashion And Style
In 1960, he started his acting career with the film “Dil Bhi Tera, Hum Bhi Tere”. He earned Rs. 51 for his role. After that, he appeared in the film “Boy Friend” in a supporting role in 1961. He starred in a romantic role during the period 1960 to 1966.
In 1966, he played a lead role in the film “Phool Aur Patthar” and the film becomes the most earning film of 1966. He rose his fame after this film’s success. He also won a Filmfare nomination in the Best Actor category for this film. From the beginning, he got the chance to appeared with some of the famous actresses of the time.
He worked with Nutan in Soorat Aur Seerat (1962) and Soorat Aur Seerat (1962). Dharmendra appeared successfully with Meena Kumari in Main Bhi Ladki Hoon (1964), Purnima (1965), Kaajal (1965), Phool Aur Patthar (1966), Chandan Ka Palna (1967) Majhli Didi (1967), and Baharon Ki Manzil (1968).
He gave various hits with his wife Hema Malini ‘Seeta Aur Geeta, ‘Sholay, ‘Raja Jani’, ‘Sharafat,’’ Charas,’ ‘Maa,’,’ and ‘Azaad. They were the most successful pair on screen at that time. In Sholay, they appeared in the action film “Sholay” and the film got a tremendous response from the audience.
In fact, the film “Sholay” was listed in the “Top 25 Must-see Bollywood film” of all time. Apart from Bollywood, he appeared in a few Punjabi films. He made his debut in Punjabi with the film “Kankan De Ohle” in 1970.
As a producer, he launched his son in Bollywood with the film “Betaab” in 1983 and Bobby Deol with the film “Barsaat” in 1995. Dharmendra also active in politics and was a member of the 14th Lok sabha election, representing the constituency of Bikaner, Rajasthan on the behalf of BJP party.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
In 1954, he married Prakash Kaur. The couple has two sons Sunny Deol, Bobby Deol, and two sisters Vijeeta Deol and Ajeeta Deol. In 1960, he was allegedly affair with Meena Kumari. In 1970, during the shoot of “Sholay,” he fell in love with Hema Malini and converted religion into Islam, because his first wife refused to divorce him, in order to marry her.
|Girlfriend||Meena Kumari (Actress),|
Hema Malini (Actress)
|Children||Son – Sunny Deol, Bobby Deol,|
Daughters – Vijeeta Deol, Ajeeta Deol, Esha Deol, and Ahana Deol
Here we provide you a list of Dharmendra’s favorite things.
|Favorite Actors||Guru Dutt, Dilip Kumar|
|Favorite Actress||Suraiya, Nutan|
|Favorite Colour||Not Known|
|Favorite Holiday Destinations||Not Known|
|Favorite Food||Not Known|
|Favorite Things To Do||Not Known|
Some Interesting Facts About Dharmendra
- From the beginning, he has a deep interest in acting and his fascination shared with his mother.
- He consumes alcohol occasionally.
- He likes non-vegetarian food.
- He is often called by the nickname “Garam Dharam” of Bollywood. In fact, in Delhi and Chandigarh, a restaurant opened by the name “Garam Dharam” as a tribute to him and his Bollywood films. And this restaurant menu is dedicated to his film dialogues.
- He is the only actor in Bollywood who shared the silver screen with all the actors of the Kapoor family except Prithiviraj Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor.
- In 1975, while the shooting of the film “Pratigya”, the choreographer of the song “Main Jat Yamla Pagla Deewana” got annoyed when he did not dance well and left him to dance on his own.
- Once the veteran actor Dilip Kumar was praised as the most handsome man he had ever seen.
- During the shoot of “Sholay”, Amitabh Bachchan was a newcomer in the industry and Dharmendra bonded with him well and redefine the friendship on-screen.
- Despite his marrying his first wife Prakash Kaur, he fell in love with Hema Malini and wanted to marry her. In 1980, Prakash Kaur refused to divorce so that Dharmendra converted his religion into Islam in order to marry her. This act was highly criticized by the media.