Biography / Wiki
Baba Ramdev is the Indian guru of Yoga. He is renowned for his works in Ayurveda, Business, Politics, Agriculture, etc. Baba Ramdev is the co-founder of Patanjali Ayurvedic Ltd. with Acharya Balkrishna. He is very popular in India and abroad as well. Baba Ramdev has helped to make recognization at the global level.
Height / Weight / Age
He was born on 25 December 1965 and turned 55 years old as in 2020. He is 173 cm tall. He has black hair and eyes.
As of 2018, he created his wealth of around $9.3 billion through Patanjali Ayurvedic Ltd. In 2011, he and his colleague Acharya Balkrishna own 34 companies with a turnover annually at over Rs. 1100 crore.
Education / Family
He received his primary education from the hometown and studied till 8th standard. Later, he joined Gurukul to study yoga and Sanskrit. Baba Ramdev was a student of Acharya Baldev Ji in Gurukul Kalwa and learned yoga from the Arya Samaji, Guru Karanvir. He was used to reading old books and always got the first rank in class.
He used to clean his books so that he sell them at more than the market price. He was born in the family of Ram Niwas Yadav and Gulabo Devi. He has brother Ram Bharat, CEO of Patanjali Ayurvedic Ltd.
|Nickname||Yoga Rishi, Swami Ji, Baba Ji, Baba Ramdev, Yoga Guru|
|Birth Place||Saidalipur, Mahendragarh, Haryana, India|
|Date Of Birth||25 December 1965|
|Height||In Centimetres – 173 cm|
In Feet and Inches – 5′ 8″
|Profession||Yoga Guru, Businessman|
|School||Govt. school in Shahzadpur, Haryana, India|
|College||Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar, Uttarakhand, India|
|Home Town||Said Alipur, Mahendragarh, Haryana|
|Fathers Name||Ram Nivas Yadav|
|Mothers Name||Gulabo Devi|
Career / Fashion And Style
Baba Ramdev follows ascetic life, he took Sanyasi Diksha and adopted the name Swami Ramdev from the Swami Sankar Dev Ji. He used to give free yoga classes to villagers while living in the Kalwa Gurukul in Jind, Haryana.
After some time he moved to Haridwar, Uttarakhand where he joined Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidyalaya and practiced self-discipline and meditation. He laid the foundation of Divya Yog Mandir Trust in 1995. He is famous globally. He taught yoga to many celebrities, Shilpa Shetty and Amitabh Bachchan.
He made yoga popular in various countries like the USA, UK, and Japan, etc. In 2003, he was invited by Kofi Anan, UN General Secretary to deliver a speech on poverty upliftment at the United Nations Conference.
In the same year, he did “Patanjali Yogapeeth” in Haridwar, Uttarakhand which is considered the world’s biggest center of yoga and Ayurveda with a capacity of around 6000 people. Over a period of time, Baba Ramdev becomes the face of Patanjali Ayurveda Ltd. Patanjali company has been one of the highest-grossing Fast moving consumer goods in India.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
Here we provide you a list of Baba Ramdev’s favorite things.
|Favorite Actors||Not Known|
|Favorite Actress||Not Known|
|Favorite Colour||Not Known|
|Favorite Holiday Destinations||Not Known|
|Favorite Food||Fruits, Vegetables|
|Favorite Things To Do||Not Known|
Some Interesting Facts About Baba Ramdev
- According to his parents, once a saint was arrived in his village and gave a message of Saint Paramhansa. Those messages were affected him a lot and decided to become a saint.
- When he was 6 years old, he fell off the room and bleed a lot. He was almost dead. After meditation, he recovered soon.
- When he was 7 years old, one more incident occurred. He drowned in a pond when he was playing with his friends. After the commotion of her friends, he was saved by the people.
- When he was in school, one of the class teachers used to smoking for which he was teased. At that time, she could not quit smoking but later he became a saint where he tells everyone anecdote to quit smoking and tobacco while delivering the speech. One day his teacher told him in writing that he has quit smoking now.
- Ramdev met Balkrishan at Tripura Yoga Ashram, Haridwar in 1990. Over a period of short span, they became good friends. Later, they went to the Himalayas where Balkrishna studied Ayurveda and Baba Ramdev practiced yoga.
- After adopting a reclusive lifestyle, he changed his name to Swami Ramdev by Swani Shankar Dev Ji.
- Once he sold ‘Chyawanprash’ with Balkrishna in the streets of Haridwar.
- He established the ‘Divya Yog Mandir Trust’ with Acharya Karamveer in 1996.
- In the morning show on Aastha TV, he makes people practice 7 exercises Anulom Vilom Pranayama Bhastrika Pranayam, Udgeeth Pranayam, Kapal Bhati Pranayam, Bahaya Pranayama, Bhramri Pranayam, and Pranab Dwani.
- According to him, he is inspired by ram Prasad Bismil and Subash Chandra Bose.
- His business enterprise named ‘Maharishi Patanjali’ who is considered the father of yoga.
- He doesn’t have any types of grain. He only eats fruit, boiled vegetables, and cow milk.
- He is a workaholic as he wakes up at 3’o clock and works 18 to 20 hours a day. He starts his day by having Amla juice as he thought that Amla is the top immunity booster.
- He was honored with Doctorate degrees from 4 universities across India and one of them is Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- Ramdev acquired an island name Little Cumbrae in Scotland.
- He wears a wooden sleeper and uses it to sleep on the floor.
- Yogi Haider, Baba Ramdev of Pakistan, is inspired by Baba Ramdev.
- Baba Ramdev admires his works by the Indian PM Narendra Modi and meets each other in programs.
- In Patanjali Ayurveda Ltd., Acharya Balkrishna owes stack in 94% which makes one of the richest persons in India according to Forbes.
- He also takes an interest in social issues like black money, historical and social-economic issues of India. He sat to protest against the government of India. He ann Anna Hazare fight with the govt. to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in 2011.