Biography / Wiki
No Valentine’s Day or romantic date is complete without the melodious music of Arijit Singh. He is a versatile Indian musician who is not only the voice of Bollywood stars but also gave melodious music to Indian cinema. He is the award-winning singer who has won million hearts with his simplicity and pleasant voice.
Height / Weight / Age
On April 25, 2022, Arijit Singh will turn 35 years old. He has an average height of 168 cm whereas his weight is nearly 76kg. He has a healthy physique with the following body measurements chest 40 inches, waist 32 inches, and biceps 12 inches. He is mostly seen in casual attire even at award functions. He has curly hair and a dense beard.
Arijit Singh has accumulated a net worth of $ 7 million approximately whereas charges Rs. 13 lakh per song.
Education / Family
Born on April 25, 1987, Arijit Singh is the native of Murshidabad, West Bengal. He is the son of a Punjabi father who was a LIC agent and a Bengali mother who was a homemaker. He was raised along with his sister Amrita Singh.
He has completed his schooling at the Raja Bijay Singh High School, Murshidabad, and later did his graduation from the Sripat Singh College, Jiaganj. When he was a toddler, he started his training in Indian classical music.
He was inspired towards music by his maternal uncle and mother who used to play the tabla. Initially, he started his training at home but later was guided by the experts. At the age of 10 years, he got a scholarship from the State government of West Bengal for training in Indian Classical Music.
|Birth Place||Jiaganj, Murshidabad, West Bengal, India|
|Date Of Birth||25 April 1987|
|Height||In Centimetres – 168 cm
In Feet and Inches – 5′ 6″
|Weight||In Kilograms – 76 Kg
In Pounds – 168 lbs
|School||Raja Bijay Singh High School, Murshidabad|
|College||Sripat Singh College, Jiagan|
|Home Town||Jiaganj, Murshidabad, West Bengal, India|
|Debut||Singer –“Phir Mohabbat” from Murder 2 (2011)
Director- BhalobasharRojnamcha (Bangla Film; 2015)
|Fathers Name||Name not known (LIC agent)
|Mothers Name||Name not known|
Career / Fashion And Style
Arijit Singh started his musical career in 2005 when he participated in the reality show “Fame Gurukul” under the mentorship of Rajendra Prasad Hazari. Though, he did not win the show but secured 6th position. Later, he participated in the reality show name “10 Ke 10 Le Gaye Dil” and fortunately won the show.
He had spent the winning amount to build his own studio where he worked as a freelance music artist. Initially, he has worked for the music directors like Vishal-Shekhar, Shankar-Ehsaan_Loy, Mithoon, Pritam, and Monty Sharma. He made his debut in 2010, with the song “Neeve Na Neeve Na” for the film “Kedi”.
Later, he made his debut in Bollywood with the song “Phir Mohabbat” for the film “Murder 2”. Later, he fetched many national awards and nominations for his compositions and singing in the movie Agent Vinod, Ashiqui 2, Barfi, Chennai Express, Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, and many more.
in 2015, he also ventured into movie direction from the Bengali movie Bhalobasar Rojnamcha. Apart from movies, he has made guest appearances in various music reality shows and Comedy Nights with Kapil Sharma.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife, and More
Arijit Singh has been married twice. His first wife Ruprekha Banerjee was one of the finalists of the reality show Fame Gurukul. They got married in 2013 but the marriage did not last long. In 2014, he got married to childhood love Koyel Roy Singh. He has two sons and one stepdaughter from Koyel’s first marriage.
|Wife||First Wife – Ruprekha Banerjee
Second Wife – Koel Roy Singh
|Children||Son – 2 (Jul and other names not known)
Daughter – 1 ( Step)
Here we provide you with a list of Arijit Singh’s favorite things.
|Favorite Actors||Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar, and Manoj Bajpayee|
|Favorite Actress||Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone|
|Favorite Holiday Destinations||Not known|
|Favorite Food||Maacherjhol and mishti, daal, bhaat, Alu Posto, Aluseddo,|
|Favorite Things To Do||Not known|
Some Interesting Facts About Arijit Singh
- Arijit Singh runs an NGO “Let There Be Light” for the poor people.
- He is fond of football and his favorite teams are Argentina and Brazil.
- During his teenage, he liked to sing the song “Mitwaa” from the film Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna.
- His directorial debut film is “Bhalobasar Rojnamcha” is a compilation of seven short films.
- To date, he does not own a car and uses public transport to travel for his work.
- He revealed once that, If he got the chance to travel back in time, he would like to sing with Kishore Kumar.
- He is suffering from claustrophobia.
- His hobbies are cycling, reading, playing badminton, photography, and making documentaries.
- His mother passed away on May 19, 2021, due to a cerebral stroke.
- In 2013, he was arrested for assaulting a journalist who asked him about his divorce from his first wife.
- He was trained by 3 gurus – Rajendra Prasad Hazari trained him in Indian classical music, Dhirendra Prasad Hazari taught him a table and Virendra Prasad Hazari taught him Rabindra Sangeet and Pop music.
- He has idolized musicians like Zakir Hussain, Anand Chatterjee, and Ustad Rashid Khan, Ghulam Ali Khan.