Biography / Wiki
He is a versatile Indian singer, music composer, and musician who is not only the voice of Bollywood stars but also gave melodious music to Indian cinema. He is the one whose name seen everywhere in every movie with his songs. He is known for his songs in Hindi and Bengali films.
Height / Weight / Age
He was born on April 25, 1987, and become 33 years old as of 2020 in jiaganj town, Murshidabad district, West Bengal. Height is 168 cm (1.68) and weight is nearly 76kg. and his body measurement is chest 40, waist 32, biceps 12 inches.
His net worth is $ 7 million and the charges Rs. 13 lakh per song.
Education / Family
He passed her schooling from the Raja Bijay Singh High School, Murshidabad. And did his graduation from the Sripat Singh College, Jiaganj. His maternal uncle and his mother used to play the tabla. He began his music training at home. Music was at the core of his family.
At the age of 3 years, he trained in Indian classical music by Rajendra Prasad Hazari, Pop Music by Birendra Prasad Hazari, tabla by Dhirendra Prasad Hazari, and Rabindra Sangeet.
At the age of 10 years, he got a scholarship from the State government of West Bengal for training in Indian Classical Music. He was born in a Punjabi family and his father was a LIC agent and his mother is a homemaker. His sister’s name is Amrita Singh.
|Birth Place||Jiaganj, Murshidabad, West Bengal, India|
|Date Of Birth||25 April 1987|
|Height||In Centimetres – 168 cm
In Feet and Inches – 5′ 6″
|Weight||In Kilograms – 76 Kg
In Pounds – 168 lbs
|School||Raja Bijay Singh High School, Murshidabad|
|College||Sripat Singh College, Jiagan|
|Home Town||Jiaganj, Murshidabad, West Bengal, India|
|Debut||Singer –“Phir Mohabbat” from Murder 2 (2011)
Director- BhalobasharRojnamcha (Bangla Film; 2015)
|Fathers Name||Name not known (LIC agent)
|Mothers Name||Name not known|
Career / Fashion And Style
In 2005, he participated in the reality show “Fame Gurukul” on the mentor Rajendra Prasad Hazari’s advice, which was the first forward step of his career. However, he lost in the competition secured 6th place. Thereafter, he also took part in another reality show name “10 Ke 10 Le Gaye Dil” and luckily won the show.
He spent all the winning money to built his own studio. Where he works as a freelance music artist composing for TV channels, radio stations, and commercials. He also worked as a freelancer for music directors like Vishal-Shekhar, Shankar-Ehsaan_Loy, Mithoon, Pritam, and Monty Sharma.
His first song was “Neeve Na Neeve Na” for the film “Kedi” in 2010. He made his debut in Bollywood with the song “Phir Mohabbat” for the film “Murder 2”. The song was recorded in 2009 but was released later on in 2011.
In the same year, His song “Raabta” was released in the film “Agent Vinod”. He worked with several renowned music directors like A.R. Rahman, Sajid-Wajid, and duet with Alka Yagnik and Shreya Ghoshal.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
Arijit married twice. His first wife is Ruprekha Banerjee who was one of the finalists of the reality show Fame Gurukul. They married in 2013. But the marriage lasts only for a short period of time.
In 2014, he also married Koyel Roy Singh who is the childhood love him. She is the second wife. They have three children, two sons, and one stepdaughter, one of the son name is Jul and the step-daughter is from Koyel’s first marriage.
|Wife||First Wife – Ruprekha Banerjee
Second Wife – Koel Roy Singh
|Children||Son – 2 (Jul and other names not known)
Daughter – 1 ( Step)
Here we provide you a list of Arijit Singh’s favorite things.
|Favorite Actors||Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar, and Manoj Bajpayee|
|Favorite Actress||Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone|
|Favorite Holiday Destinations||Not known|
|Favorite Food||Maacherjhol and mishti, daal, bhaat, Alu Posto, Aluseddo,|
|Favorite Things To Do||Not known|
Some Interesting Facts About Arijit Singh
- Initially, Shahrukh Khan wanted Atif Aslam to sing the song “Gerua” for the film “Dilwale”.
- He is running an NGO “Let There Be Light” which works for poor people.
- Apart from being a singer, he also a writer, documentary maker, and badminton player.
- He is a movie freak.
- He like football and his favorite teams are Argentina and Brazil.
- He used to listen to Gazals and his favorite band is Coldplay.
- During his teenage, he likes to sing the song “Mitwaa” in the film Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna.
- His directorial debut film is “BhalobasarRojnamcha” in 2015, which is a compilation of seven short films.
- Film “Sa” is the debut as a director at the International Film Festival of India (IFFI). In this film his son acted.
- Asked in an interview as to whether he has taken or not, he replied that he did not have a car and still use public transport to travel for his work.
- Once he said If he got the chance to travel back in time, he would like to sing with Kishore Kumar.
- He is claustrophobic.
- Once T-Pain accused of plagiarism his song “Tum Hi Ho” from the film “Aashiqui 2”.
- He won the Best Male Playback Singer (National Film Award ) for the song “BinteDil’ for the film “Padmaavat” in 2019.